The ongoing work of Children’s Advocacy Services depends on the generosity of donors from the community. CASGSL will make sure your donation goes to the best cause.
What $100 could do:
- A trauma-focused therapy session for an abused child
- A forensic interview at West Pine so an abused child only has to tell her/his story one time
- Two months worth of DVDs to record forensic interviews or therapy sessions
- Art supplies to help traumatized children express their feelings about their experiences
- Ten copies of workbooks used by traumatized children and adolescents or their caregivers during counseling
- Supplies or snacks for 16 weeks for a Preschool, Elementary Age or Adolescent Group
- Three months of snacks for forensic interview or therapy clients
- An honorarium for speakers in the monthly Child Trauma Colloquium Series
- The cost of presenting a training session to educate 30-40 people about sexual abuse and other child traumas
- Therapeutic board games to help children recover from abuse and neglect
- Four sets of appropriate toys to give to families to promote positive interaction between parents and children and practice skills they learned in counseling
- Transportation for a child to therapy for a month
- Breakfast at 3 Case Review meetings where law enforcement, prosecutors and child protective workers on our team update investigations
- Print 100 brochures which outline our services
- A pair of anatomically correct dolls used in forensic interviews
- A month's worth of clinical supervision for a Social Work, Counseling or Psychology graduate student
- A staff appreciation event for therapists and interviewers who work with the kids
Donations can be conveniently made via online giving through the University of Missouri's donation system. To ensure your donation reaches the CASGSL kids please choose "Children's Advocacy Services" in the drop down menu when asked to designate where you would like your gift to go.
Donations may also be sent directly to the agency at: Children's Advocacy Services of Greater St. Louis, One University Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63121.